i was going to work on writing some more music today, but i played through every song on my list yesterday, which ended up taking almost five hours, and now my fingers on my left hand are all purple-y and it hurts to type and my vocal cords are very, very angry and want the night off. i think i shall give it to them.
eating toast with pickles and horseradish on it only reinforces my first maxim of cooking: even if you fuck up a recipe, you can always make it spicy enough that nobody will notice.
brown and sky blue is my current favorite clothing color combination.
i'm mulling over maybe going to taco del mar tonight. i haven't been there since my parents came into town for graduation last year. i bet my "buy 10, get one free" burrito card has expired. normally, i'd be hesitant, but i've been confronting all sorts of memories and cobwebby feelings lately, so it just might be bearable.
i think i'm going to pass on "the forbidden kingdom", at least for now. now i'm thinking about "forgetting sarah marshall" even though i'm sure it's bad (though critics are masturbating all over it like they do over everything judd apatow touches). going to see a movie that i'm not already absolutely obsessive about (read: "prince caspian" or "indy 4") seems sort of odd when i have like 10 movies at home i haven't seen yet. somehow, though, going to a theatre full of people sounds awesome, just to hear somebody's voice other than mine. even if they're just talking about snuggling with each other. or how awesome the mariners are. the mariners are not awesome. even when they were at the height of their powers, the indians constantly handed their asses to them (that was back when i was still an indians fanatic).
back to skulking the intarwebs.
I went through a phase when I felt super lonely. Not sure exactly why, but I did. One night/early morning, I found myself at Walmart. It's the only thing open in this dumb town after midnight....I spent a few hours there, just walking around. Listening. Being around people.
ReplyDeleteNow though, almost every time I shop, I have to take my ipod. I don't want to hear anyone. I want to stay in my own little world. Not sure what's caused this either.
sometimes, when i go out to shop or whatever late at night (which is almost every time i go shopping for anything), i find myself sort of scared of the idea of having to acknowledge or talk to people. yesterday i was in my apartment writing all day and most of the night, and then i went to get food at midnight or so, and the sight of other people was literally so jarring that i found myself just about jumping out of my skin everytime i made eye contact with someone, out of fear that they'd actually say something to me. a lot of times when i have to walk to work in the morning i also walk with my headphones in because at that hour, after waking up and getting ready for work by myself, i'm not really ready to talk to anyone yet. sometimes that kind of behavior makes me really sad, but maybe it's necessary. i don't know.
ReplyDelete