Apr 24, 2008

dum-dum-duh-DUH-DUH!!

i love walking to class while listening to bombastic instrumental movie scores. it always makes me want to run and duck behind trees and do combat rolls and treat every passerby like they're the enemy. it can even make entering sloan hall into a dramatic, world-saving enterprise. i also sometimes like to pretend that when i spin around to write on the chalkboard that i'm moving in bullet time.

okay, that second one isn't true. that'd be weird.

more thoughts on the end of the semester pending; they're sort of dependent on my ability to have thoughts, which doesn't exist right now.

i've had that fucking excruciating pain in my chest that i used to get a lot all morning so far. it's okay, actually, as long as i don't breathe. i've always sort of assumed that it's connected to my MVP and that it'll likely be the last sensation i feel before i die someday (hopefully far in the future). however, i don't know this for sure. i don't actually know what causes it at all. but i'm pretty sure it can be fought off by just drinking massive amounts of caffiene and continuing to not sleep.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry about the aching in your chest. I occasionally get a throbbing pain in my head. I'm convinced it's some sort of nasty brain issue. Oh well, what can you do?

    I have found myself recreating moments from movies if I'm listening to songs that remind me of certain movies. Usually it's Golden Years by David Bowie. There's a scene in A Knight's Tale (awesome soundtrack btw) and the cast is dancing. At one point they all do this little spin/twist thing that I try to recreate. I usually fail and just ended up sort of...strutting to the beat.

    Oh, and clapping. It's appropriate to clap during that song. At the right times, of course...

    ReplyDelete
  2. unrelated question: if i was to purchase a regina spektor album, where should i start?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Begin to Hope. It's completely amazing!!

    ReplyDelete