Oct 27, 2008

reblogging is LAME.

nonetheless.

this hit me between the eyes this morning, and parallels with some things that i've sort of been thinking about/dealing with/failing to deal with a lot lately. so i thought it was cool. so now i'm reblogging.

ryan here- hello all

I decided to put my thoughts into action. I decided to get well. I’ve had terrible insomnia forever and I guess since I got the flu my chest really hurt. So I quit some stuff. here’s how it’s going.

1. QUIT SMOKING-Day Two- ZERO cigarettes (from being down to just three or so a day for four days. (fingers crossed- total dedication- no patch- no meds)

this will help me feel better, my voice won’t suffer and it’s a positive thing to do. I have bee smoking since I was 14 (over half my life). yuck. it’s over. (smokerbreaker LP coming- (not)

2. QUIT COFFEE- I drink too much coffee. It gives me anxiety- I think it does anyway. I push myself hard enough I don’t need to have a heart attack. So I quit. I feel fine. I still make tea. new fav mx- Red Clover with Rose Hips….yummmmmm.

3. QUIT RUNNING AWAY FROM MY PROBLEMS-

i am so far from perfect, so flawed, so human, so dumb, so smart. BUT i am not getting anywhere right now blogging at FOGGY every time i feel lonely or weird. I used to read and write even more than I do lately. It was a great relief. But you know, I am the same guy that writes these lyrics and stuff about some serious issues. I have to face that fact that i am that person and you know, work on that. Because it is just as effective to understand myself and share joy as it is sadness and, well, i have taken some steps to understand myself better.

I feel good sharing. Everyone down here on this funny little planet can use some love and some light and some sharing and I just wanted to let anybody who knows our band and knows our gang to know that I was taking care.

I also thought, and this is stupid, but, if you are going through some rough times out there, you are not alone, and even if you don’t know me and I don’t know you, well, we’re aLL CONNECTED and all have that same potential to change and to love ourselves and others and to free ourselves from pain. And I am a big knuckle head and I am making some strides towards getting well.

So if you are feeling alone out there or on the rocks, just know i feel ya’ and one soul to another….HANG IN!!!! like my friend tells me when times get funky.

HANG IN!

xx

Ryan

3 comments:

  1. Re-blogging something that's Awesome is Awesome. Hang In!

    I like the capthca (sp?) Stermaid.

    Stermaid: n. a hipster mermaid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoa dude, you are far and away more of a grammarian than i.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you deduce that from my post?

    ReplyDelete