Oct 27, 2008

curtain life!

i've started making a point to leave the curtain in my living room open at all times. it's weird, but it's sort of similar to the comments i've made re: writing about sensitive things on the blog.

i kinda like leaving the curtain open because it makes me more honest. does that make any fucking sense? it's not like a weird voyeur thing. i have a problem with wanting to constantly hide what i'm actually thinking, feeling, looking like from other people. doing things like this help me get over that. is that weird?

i mean, maybe the times when i do pants-less cartwheels in the living room are weird. but i mean other than that.

4 comments:

  1. no, that isn't weird. it actually makes a lot of sense. (my patio door is currently open...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is what I'm on about. I've always been an open window, open door, curtains-less kind of guy, for the same basic reason you're doing that now, but I come at it from the other side. Rather than wanting to hide who I truly am, I'm wanting to share who I truly am and hoping that somebody else will be interested.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah...that's EXACTLY my new attitude. you're on fire!!

    "i'm wanting to share who i truly am and hoping that somebody else will be interested"...that's going to be the epigraph for my dissertation/book!!!

    ReplyDelete