i got some of these pictures from andrea (
who incidentally would look like this if she was a care bear) today. very cool.
i miss home. autumn is my favorite season pretty much anywhere, but especially in kent, which is the closest thing i have to a permanent home (parents, etc. are elsewhere, but i've always felt like canton was their space and not mine for some reason, anyway...) and i love how the trees take forever to change and fall apart; here it's sudden and beautiful in its own sort of violent way...more fleeting, and i think there's something to learn in that. but. i miss autumn in kent. i miss being there in general...but. at the same time, i feel like nothing moves there for me anymore. i'm glad i left, just as i'm glad i get to come back now and again. but. sometime around the middle of 2005 something happened that just really made me feel like there was nowhere else to go there anymore. like to move on to something else in my life i needed to go somewhere else. i don't know if that makes sense. i guess i feel like, had i stayed there, i would have remained the person i was at 24 forever. i would have become the dreaded "townie"...and as much as i love going back there and want to pretty much constantly...i'm glad i left, because it's the only way i could have grown up. but yeah. these trees are awesome.
man, Vine St. man. That's one of the best looking streets anywhere.
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm sure that second picture is from the cul-de-sac neighborhoods where Bowes lives.
Is it weird that I can identify where those pictures are even though I no longer live in Kent?
Ditto on what you're saying about leaving Kent. I felt the same way. I feel the same way. I miss that place tons, but I'm just not sure it'll ever be home again. Not because I won't ever live there again, but because something existential and fundamental happened and my life is no longer there.
second picture is actually chadwick. one of the most underrated streets in kent.
ReplyDeletei wonder if you just eventually grow out of places...
yeah, I think so. There comes a time when you need to see the sunshine from a different angle, you know? You need to see different shadows. Kinda like the way things look different in Autumn and Winter because the sun has actually moved north in the sky. That's always a refreshing day, the day I realize the sunlight has shifted.
ReplyDelete