i caved to the fb pressure. and now i'm going to eat chinese food to make myself feel better.
1. I actually like filling out internet lists if I'm given hilarious hypothetical questions to answer. Particularly things like "when was your third-first kiss?" or "how many colors does your dog have?"
2. Sometimes I refuse to do things just because lots of other people are doing them, even though I realize that's a dumb reason. Too much punk rock when I was a kid, I guess.
3. I hate both Ben Rothles-whatever (I'm a Cleveland Browns fan) and Kurt Warner (I'm a 49ers fan), so today means nothing to me. Looks like it was a good game, though.
4. I have a pretty ruthless streak (in general) of trying not to care what people think about me, but I always wear long sleeves because I'm self-conscious about my preternaturally skinny forearms.
5. When I was in second grade, I got beat up on the playground for standing up for a friend who peed her pants in class. This is mildly hilarious but it's also still probably my favorite thing I've ever done.
6. I love traveling, and there are so many places I still want to go and adventures I still want to have, and sometimes I worry that everytime I put off those things in favor of getting my career squared away, I get closer and closer to never being able to do them.
7. Traveling alone is really great sometimes for peace of mind, but sometimes I just get really sick of it. (p.s. I mean "alone" in the context of friends, family, etc...my ex-girlfriends would probably all recommend against traveling with me and dating me at the same time, and I don't necessarily blame them).
8. My one great regret in life is that it took me until the age of 22 to realize that anxiety over "putting myself out there" was holding me back from playing music, which is pretty much the most important thing in my life except for people.
9. I blog too much because I have a tendency to overshare, and I feel like blogging is a good way to deal with that tendency without burdening others.
10. I went through a phase where I wore flannel and corduroy pants patched with denim religiously. I also ate all-organic food and biked everywhere. I also had hair down past my shoulders and a ridiculous beard. I wish I still did all those things except the hair/beard one and the flannel/pants one.
11. I didn't talk at all (hardly) during my MA seminars because I was literally convinced I was at least twice as stupid as everyone else in the room. Now, during my Ph.d seminars, I recognize that I have good things to say, but when I don't say them I'd afraid that people are going to think it's because I think I'm stupid.
12. I love snow. Still.
13. When I was a kid (probably too old) I was obsessed with Care Bears. I currently own 2 stuffed animals. One is a wolf named Jack, and one is a black sheep named Martin Heidegger, Jr.
14. I have a thing for cheesy romantic comedies (and cheesy romance in general). However, I also LOVE MOVIES WHERE MAN THINGS HAPPEN AND SHIT EXPLODES!
15. My car is really tiny and always on the verge of falling apart and I don't fit in it, but I've driven it across the US seven times and I love it as much as you can love a machine.
16. I've been a vegetarian for 8 years, but I occasionally sneak sushi because it's really good and I'm not quite sure how limiting oneself entirely to one form of food cultivates anything but stubbornness.
17. When I was a kid, I wanted to be a neurologist. Actually, I still do.
18. For the first 23 years of my life, I was so worried because everyone around me hated their jobs and I didn't know what I could do for money that I wouldn't hate doing. Then I moved to Pullman and started at WSU and I knew I had found something that I could make money doing without sacrificing my interests.
19. I've seen my favorite band, The Cardinals, live three times since 2005, and they are such a unique and talented group of guys that I was quite literally heartbroken to hear that they are no longer touring as of March.
20. I've had a problem with codependence my entire life, but after spending the majority of last year learning how to spend long stretches of time alone without turning into a wacko, I feel much better about it.
21. My sudden rage over learning of the Steelers' victory indicates that maybe I hate the Ben Rothel-whatever more after all.
22. I wrote a book for my undergrad degree and it was a fantastic experience. I can't wait to have time to do it again.
23. I've written and recorded 2 records, but I have 4-5 more floating around in my head and hope that someday I'll find some people that might want to play instruments and be involved in getting those records into physical form.
24. Random things I mention too often in casual conversation: Puppies, Robots, Vampires, Star Wars, Pizza, Donuts, Ice Cream, Liquor, Fashion That I Know Nothing About But Like To Pretend, Relating Everything Anyone Says To An Obscure Song, Zombies. Also, pretty much everyone I know and/or have met in the last few years is just fucking fantastic and occasionally I wish there was an easier way to express that appreciation that didn't involve forgetting to call/talk to people all the time because I'm working 18 hours a day...okay, that's two for the price of one, moving on...
25. I just set up my new laptop with the ability to emulate NES, SNES, N64, PSOne, GBA and GB games (and downloaded an insane amount of games from each system) and I'm afraid I'm going to fail out of graduate school as a result.
No comments:
Post a Comment